Elearning has been around for a couple decades, and it is only the past few years that organizations have really started to understand the dynamic benefits that custom elearning development can deliver to business results.
Gone are the days of stale powerpoint decks being passed off as intelligent elearning. Copying and pasting templated learning materials just won’t cut it anymore. The advances in technology, as well as teaching theory about how to best apply technology to increase learning effectiveness, have given way to numerous benefits for corporate training and employee education. By leveraging a custom elearning approach, organizations are able to tailor elearning to their business strategy and relish in greater returns on their learning investments.
The trouble is, building the competency in-house to fully reap the benefits of custom elearning development can be challenging – and costly! There are many steps involved in successfully developing custom elearning content for your workforce. Each step requiring a great deal of expertise, which may not make sense to hire in-house talent to develop.
High-performing learning teams have realized that their strengths lay in defining the learning strategy, and identifying how learning can support business goals. Then, working closely with an elearning company, these teams have been able to outsource their elearning content development to quickly produce effective training for their employees.
Below, we’ve identified the top 5 most frequently heard reasons internal learning teams enjoy outsourcing their custom elearning development.
1. The ability to develop elearning at the pace of the business needs. Taking advantage of our rapid development approach, teams can outsource large elearning projects to our team with a quick turnaround time. The result is high-quality, true custom elearning in a short time period. Additionally, working with our custom elearning development team, elearning can be designed for any medium, including mobile and tablet to accommodate employee learning needs.
2. Maintain low head count for variability in workload. Many organizations can’t justify the extensive headcount required for elearning development projects. By outsourcing elearning development, your internal learning team is provided access to a breadth and depth of learning expertise on demand, at a much lower cost. This relieves learning departments from resource strains when they need to roll-out new training projects.
3. Access a full suite of resources to build truly engaging elearning experiences. Partnering with a specialized elearning content development team means your organization has access to a one-stop shop for all your design and development wants and needs. A specialized team of graphic designers, videographers, technical experts that gives you a fully stacked extension to your in-house learning team. Produce interactive, fun and engaging user experiences that your learners will love.
4. Create pedagogically sound elearning courses that go beyond instructional design. Most instructional designers and learning specialists don’t have a deep understanding of pedagogy, our elearning is rooted in a modern pedagogical approach that maximizes learning retention and application of new knowledge. Our custom elearning development transforms complex information from your organization into small, bite-sized pieces, that maximizes learning efficiency. Elearning courses allow learners to control the pace and adopts to individual learning styles.
5. Establish a metrics-based approach that aligns learning outcomes with business goals. At the outset of each partnership, we take a strategic approach to all our learning programs to establish measures of success. We focus on ensuring all of our custom elearning content produces an impact on business. This means we get the opportunity to get to know your business drivers and work closely with you to create learning that leads to bottom-line business impact.
Find greater success from your learning initiatives by partnering with an elearning development company. We’ve helped many global learning teams reach higher performance goals through our partnerships; talk to us to see a personalized demo of some of our best work. We’d love the opportunity to learn more about you!
Latest posts by Moira van den Akker (see all)
- Franchise Custom Elearning Development - March 8, 2016
- Blended Learning & Your Corporate Learning Strategy [Free Download] - March 1, 2016
- 5 Lessons from Netflix on Creating Addicting Elearning Content - February 25, 2016