There are many reasons that an organization may want to implement elearning and an endless number of tools and services available to make it happen. With the global corporate elearning market predicted to reach 31 billion USD in revenue by 2020 (Technavio, 2016), it is no doubt a tough industry to navigate for someone just testing the waters of elearning.
Not only do you need to ensure you have the technology infrastructure to support an online or blended learning model, but you have to have the expertise to build digital content. Google “Best LMS company” in your search for a learning platform and you will undoubtedly be overwhelmed by the options in your search results. There are many powerful tools on the market today, and with technology rapidly advancing, it can be difficult to keep up with the best of breed tools when it comes to elearning.
Unfortunately, the journey doesn’t end when you decide to sign a contract with an LMS company or invest in other forms of education technology. You now need content – and if you want the content to be personalized and specific to your organization, you’re going to need to build custom content. Software to support elearning without effective and pedagogically-sound digital content can lead to financial loss, frustration, and an under-utilized LMS. Often companies think they need to start by finding a learning platform, but wind up over budget with limited resources to produce the desired learning experience for their employees.
It sounds complicated, doesn’t it? Many folks I talk to who are in HR or are responsible for L&D in some capacity often don’t know where to start. Although finding a learning platform may be the intuitive first step, it doesn’t have to be. By partnering with an elearning services company that can provide you with both the technology and the digital content, you can test the waters of elearning without signing a multi-year contract with a software company.
Below I have identified are 3 reasons to start your elearning journey by partnering with an elearning development company.
1. An elearning development company will help you through the process of selecting the right technology for your needs. Elearning development companies deal with organizations on a regular basis that have a variety of different needs. This means, they are up-to-date on the latest learning technologies available on the market and have a solid understanding of which will provide the right features for your needs. Which, will help you reduce time spent researching from scratch, and allow you to piggyback off their experience working with different tools.
2. An elearning development company is able to provide a breadth and depth of expertise that will enable you to take full advantage of technological capabilities. Buying an LMS with all of the bells and whistles doesn’t mean they will be immediately available to you, especially if you don’t have the in-house expertise to take advantage of them. An LMS with advanced functionality is nice, but of no use to you if you don’t have the right skills to utilize the features.
3. An elearning development company can help you create an engaging experience for learners that is tied to bottom-line business results. An effective elearning course isn’t built by simply dropping content into a course shell. To achieve your learning goals, you need to ensure that you are delivering information to your employees in a way that sets them up for success. By working with a custom elearning development company, they will be able to help you design learning outcomes that are directly tied to your business goals and company brand.
An elearning development company can help make the process of implementing an elearning strategy simple. All you need is a SME (subject matter expert), learning objectives and the desire to enhance and enrich the training and development programs for your employees!
Talk to us to hear more about how we have helped organization’s meet their elearning goals quickly and effectively, taking the confusion out of navigating the massive and growing elearning industry.
Latest posts by Mitchelle Boyle (see all)
- Step aside Millennials. Generation Z is entering the workforce - August 30, 2016
- 3 ways Outsourcing Elearning Development can reduce training costs - August 17, 2016
- 3 Benefits Digital Assessments can bring to your organization - August 10, 2016